- Go to: Communicate >> Email Templates.
- Click the [+] button in the ‘Email Template’ header (or click the [+ New Email Template] button at the bottom of the page).
- Enter an Email Template name (required, maximum 200 characters). This is not included in what eventually gets sent to a donor.
- Enter a Description. This is not included in what eventually gets sent to a donor.
- Select which administrators get to use this Email Template by selecting the Module. For example: by choosing Donor, any admin who is a donor administrator will have access to this template.
- Enter the email Subject (maximum 200 characters).
- Enter the Body of the message (text only). This content can be edited when sending an email message.
- TIP: If you want to include the first or last name of your recipient in the body of your email, go to “Insert” and select either “First name place holder” or “Last name place holder”. Alternatively, you can type in %%1 (first name) or %%2 (last name).
8. Add Attachments from the Document Library. The combined size of the message plus any attachments cannot exceed 4MB. If the attachment you want to use has not yet been added to the Document Library, you can add it from here by clicking the [+ Create New Document] button below the list of existing files. 9. Click the [Save] button. This template will now be available to you the next time you send an email to one donor or any list of donors.